Erectile dysfunction is often confused with impotence. Impotence implies a complete inability to have sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction, on the other hand, is a disorder that can be treated and the sexual system restored. That is why doctors have recently abandoned the term “impotence”.
Main causes of erectile dysfunction
There are many causes of erectile dysfunction, among the most basic: stress and psychological disorders, unhealthy diet and ecology, hormonal imbalances and disorders of different systems of the body, chronic diseases and infectious diseases, metabolic disorders, reduced immunity, etc. Also on the occurrence of the disease may be affected by trauma, surgery and other factors. Another cause is a change in the vascular system. Depending on the underlying cause there are several forms of the disease: organic, psychogenic and mixed.
Among the medicines taken orally, type 5 PDE inhibitors are successfully used. A popular and effective method is also intracavernosal injections of vasoactive drugs. A revolutionary solution to the problem of dysfunction is shockwave therapy, which minimizes or cancels the medication load, is painless, and has a persistent therapeutic effect. If you are looking for specialized medications to treat erectile dysfunction, you should visit https://svensktapotek.net/cialis-daily/.
Common causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Narrowing of the supplying blood vessels, which leads to poor circulation and blood flow in the penis.
- Metabolic syndrome – Combined disorders of sugar metabolism, which increases the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart and blood vessel disease.
- Risk factors that cause narrowing of the arteries: age, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, obesity, alcohol and drug use, etc.
- Diseases that affect the nervous system and affect the innervation of the penis, such as various polyneuropathies, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, etc.
- Traumatized/clamped nerves that innervate the penis, such as back injury, hip fracture, after penile surgery, genital radiation therapy, etc., as well as prolonged cycling can have a short-term negative effect on potency.
- Side effects of various medications, e.g. antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, various diuretics.